AMQS Login  Forms Download  Accident Hotlines
News & Updates: Archive
- 2010 Chinese New Year office hours - M Plus office shall be closed from Fri 12 Feb 2010 at 1400hrs and normal office hours shall resume on Thu 18 Feb 2010.
- Straits Times report on 22 Dec 2007: Parallel Importer Frankel folding up over debts: Car dealer falls behind on payments, lenders file suits to recover money
- Straits Times report on 7 Aug 2007: Car insurance premiums likely to increase between 5% to 10% as higher claims lead to underwriting losses
- GST has increased from 5% to 7% wef 1 July 2007. Motor insurance premiums paid on or after 1 July 2007 will be affected by the 2% GST increase
- Carbon-monoxide poisoning in vehicles causes death: When the engine and air-conditioner are switched on and the vehicle parked in a confined space over a long period of time, carbon monoxide could get into the cabin of the vehicle through the air-conditioning system or openings/leaks in the cabin. It is also an offence under the Environmental Pollution Control (Vehicular Emissions) Regulations to leave an engine idling unnecessarily when a vehicle is stationary. The National Environment Agency will take enforcement action against drivers who insist on flouting the legislation.
- In the Singapore 2006 budget, there was no further reduction in ARF (Additional Registration Fee for vehicles). The upfront cost of owning cars has been significantly lowered in recent years. Today, a medium-sized car costs about half of what it did 8 years ago. Congestion is under control, with the help of the ERP system.
- LTA e-Services shall NOT be available from 23 to 28 February 2006.
- LTA's office at 10 Sin Ming Drive, the various road tax collection centres, LTA's appointed scrap yards and export processing zones will also be closed from 24 to 27 February 2006 (both dates inclusive). This means that you CANNOT renew any road tax during this period so please renew your road tax early!